CAI ASSESSES THE CURRENT STATE OF THE CLIENT’S SALES AND MARKETING KEY PROCESSES AND HELPS IMPLEMENT SUSTAINABLE CHANGES IN PRICING, CHANNEL SELECTION, CONTRACT MANAGEMENT, BID & PROPOSAL MANAGEMENT AND OTHER KEY COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES.
Interim Sales & Marketing Management
- CAI principals have held senior executive positions in three multinational companies. These responsibilities included distribution channel strategies, agent management, pricing strategies, contracts management, program management, bid & proposal management and direct sales force leadership. This experience includes both turnaround and high growth situations. They can fill-in on an interim basis until a permanent replacement is hired.
- CAI principals have led or advised major efforts to optimize distribution channels in a number of industries including pumps and valves, consumer goods, aerospace and raw materials. These challenging decisions sometimes involved dropping long-term distributors who were no longer appropriate or effective for the specific products, without any financial or legal consequences.
- CAI has found that many businesses do not afford adequate priority to this element of sales. Many firms simply mark-up costs to arrive at a price rather than use a Value Pricing approach that can be effective even for what may sometimes be considered commodity goods.
Contract Review & Approval Processes
- CAI has seen several cases where business managers have taken on undefined risk due to insufficient contract review . CAI understand the importance of contract strategy in conjunction with pricing to arrive at effective customer outcomes. There is a delicate balance to be maintained between adequate contract review and cavalier agreement to all customer terms. Mr. Calabria has led a the Contracts function for a FTSE 100 (UK) company at the corporate level and installed the processes necessary for appropriate reviews and approvals.
Bid & Proposal Processes
- Mr. Calabria served as Corporate VP Commercial for a FTSE 100 company in the UK where he led the efforts to establish a process for appropriate bid and proposal review and approval. This required a delicate balance between effective oversight and assessing risk versus the securing of key contracts.
Best-in Class Customer Service
- CAI professionals have transformed customer service and inside sales functions in several industries. In several cases, this has elevated the client status with their customers to a position of differentiation which was a justification for price increases.
- CAI principals fill-in on an interim basis for temporary absences in key leadership positions such as CEO, COO, GM and functional VPs of Operations, Sales & Marketing, Program Management, Supply Chain and other areas where their expertise is an appropriate fit.