WITH PARTICULAR EXPERTISE SUPPORTING PRIVATE EQUITY FIRMS IN THE MIDDLE MARKET, CAI HELPS IDENTIFY TARGETS, PERFORM DUE DILIGENCE , ESTABLISH VALUATIONS, AND ASSISTS IN NEGOTIATIONS AND INTEGRATION.
M&A Strategy Development
- Our experience includes running M&A advisory departments for Fortune 500 companies and being acquirers or sellers of business units
- The most successful acquisitions and divestments occur when they are directly connected to the overall enterprise strategic plan. CAI introduces the client to the Leadership Team Planning Process (LTPP) and ensures that external growth (or contraction) is considered in the vision
Target Company Identification
- CAI can assist in identifying target acquisitions or potential acquirers, consistent with the strategic plan and enterprise objectives. Our researchers can discreetly investigate potential targets and determine if they may be available, a task that is challenging for an insider to the business.
Candidate Assessment & Due Diligence
- CAI’s principals apply their decades of executive experience to ensure the right questions are being asked of the right people. We have seen the many types of errors that can be made by an acquirer after the Letter of Intent is signed and before the deal is closed and we can help our clients avoid these pitfalls.
- The work is only starting once the deal is closed and CAI is there to assist with the integration details. This is essential to ensure that the synergy and other acquisition justifications are realized.
- CAI principals fill-in on an interim basis for temporary absences in key leadership positions such as CEO, COO, GM and functional VPs of Operations, Sales & Marketing, Program Management, Supply Chain and other areas where their expertise is an appropriate fit.