CAI Principals have had extensive experience in turnaround business situations. We’ve seen that most often, current management, through myopia or complacency, has neglected to ask the right questions and keep them foremost in mind.
These key questions are:
- Do we admit we are underperforming?
- Are the business strategy and objectives aligned ?
- What are the underlying causes of the underperformance?
- How fixable are the root causes?
- How has value been destroyed? How can it best be reestablished?
- What time frame is realistic to achieve and what objective measures-metrics-will confirm the turnaround?
CAI invites your comments on this perspective. Do you agree? Disagree?